Making Your Business Our Business
A full array of practices for lenders, developers and other companies throughout Colorado
Since our firm was founded in 1991, Mulliken Weiner Berg & Jolivet P.C. has been committed to fostering the growth of our clients’ businesses. In some cases, we clear impediments — financial, legal or otherwise — and in other cases, we work to develop contracts and agreements to implement new plans and functions. Whether we assist you in litigation or in conducting transactions, we are guided by what is best for your business.
Our vision is that our firm — and our attorneys — should be part of the framework of a project, helping our clients overcome hurdles. We identify the hurdles and the issues that our clients will have to overcome to succeed, making certain that they reach their goals. We are dedicated to helping our business clients achieve their goals whether we are drafting contracts, resolving disputes or litigating on a client’s behalf.
We assist clients in the following practice areas:
- Commercial litigation — In the various disputes that can arise in the course of transacting business, we represent plaintiffs and defendants in matters including contract disputes, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, employment disputes, unfair competition matters and real estate matters.
- Contract disputes — A contract dispute regarding work performance, nonpayment or other agreed to matter can easily derail a project — or even an entire business.
- Construction law — We represent owners, developers, contractors, homebuilders, design professionals, subcontractors and suppliers in all aspects of the construction process, both commercial and residential. Our scope of work in construction law includes bidding and document preparation, contract negotiation and review, assessing contract performance, examining financing, and warranty issues including loan negotiation, filing or defending claims, resolving disputes and litigating claims.
- Administrative law — A highly specific practice focused on representing physicians, dentists and other professionals before professional boards.
- Financing and lending — Our attorneys primarily represent lending institutions and property developers in various funding arrangements.
- Bankruptcy law — We represent creditors, banks and other such entities, conduct asset searches, file proofs of claim and perform all the necessary legwork involved in the bankruptcy process.
- Estate planning — This area of practice comprises drafting wills, trusts and medical directives as well as helping to map out a succession plan for your business.
- Appellate advocacy — In those cases where issues are not resolved — or resolved contrary to law or fact at the trial level — we are prepared to represent and argue for our clients’ rights before federal and state appeals courts in Colorado.
- Real estate law — We offer a full range of services for property owners, developers and commercial lenders. Our real estate attorneys handle the purchase and sale of property, real estate financing, commercial leasing, landlord-tenant matters and zoning and land use matters.
Full-service law. Personal attention. Mulliken Weiner Berg & Jolivet P.C.
With a wide array of practices, Mulliken Weiner Berg & Jolivet P.C. serves clients across the state from our offices in Colorado Springs. Our offices are located in downtown Colorado Springs, Colorado, close to the El Paso County Courthouse and easily accessible by Mountain Metro Transit and private transportation. To schedule an appointment, call us today at 719-635-8750 or contact us online.